2.12.2009

breaking the curse - a post by lacey

Hello, Readers! Another week has come and gone. Has anything exciting happened in your lives? Mine has been pretty standard except for one quite exciting happening. I bought a coat. Yes, I know winter is on its way out and spring is right around the corner, but this coat was beautiful and on sale. ON SALE! 1/2 off to be exact. My mom and I went shopping on Saturday, and I didn't find a single cute thing! Not one! The only thing I spent money on was morning coffee for my mom and I. Whoop-dee-do. I don't know how you readers feel about shopping (hate it? love it?), but, to me, there is little worse than going on a planned shopping date with hopes set high and coming home empty handed. Needless to say, I was bummed. My mom tried to coax me out of my funk with homemade pizza for dinner. It worked. For a bit. But the next morning I woke up crying (I'm making this story quite dramatic. I didn't really wake up crying. I'm not that much of a diva). That afternoon, I took a quick trip over to a shopping plaza in our town (actually, the only shopping plaza in our town). I wasn't expecting to find anything, but I just had to take a look and try to break the shopping curse that was hanging over my head. As soon as I walked in I spotted it-a beautiful rosy pink button down coat with 3/4 length sleeves. My heart jumped a little. I steadied myself and walked over to it expecting the worst-a high price tag, missing buttons, a rip in the collar. What I found was nothing but perfect. I slipped it on, and I swear it whispered in my ear that it was coming home with me. How forward of you, little coat. But, ok, I'll take you with me. I purchased the coat with a steady swipe of Mr. VISA and walked out the door with an extra bounce in my step. My shopping curse was broken! I brought it home and proudly hung it up in my closet-right next to an identical coat in fuchsia. Hey, I know what I like.

Take a look at my new beauty! Nice and pink!Peter Pan collar. My sleeves are fancy!

1 comment:

Blair said...

i love it
i need it
i'm so jealous!