5.13.2010

talk derby to me


a couple of weeks ago, my friend and coworker brandy invited me to attend a party to celebrate the kentucky derby. each year, the young affiliates of the mint museum in charlotte host derby days on the lawn of the mint to raise money for the museum. there's yummy food, an open bar, live music, croquet, and big-screen coverage of the "most exciting two minutes in sports". so brandy and i donned frilly spring dresses, big hats, and in my case, yellow espadrilles and spent a delicious saturday with tons of other art-lovers in charlotte. it was definitely a party i could get excited about and it was a blast!

getting ready to go...

watching the (very muddy) race!


a small part of the lawn party!

brandy, looking lovely on the lawn.

fun swag? you betcha. i think mint juleps are icky, so i went for a bud light in my new koozy. 

No comments: