happy thanksgiving everyone! i have finally managed to pull myself off the couch and get out of my pj's (the macy's parade gets my full attention for the entire three hours. except today, when i fell asleep on the couch after david archuleta's float came by. i did, however, wake up in time for santa.) and the smell of our turkey cooking is filling the air. i am so fortunate to spend this day with my family and i hope you have a blessed day as well. here are a few things i am thankful for this year!
- my family - i am so blessed to have such wonderful relatives! my immediate family is incredible, as are my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. i love you all!
- our house - as much as a i am planning to get a place of my own soon, i love living with my parents for the moment. our home is warm and inviting and i certainly don't have it too badly.
- my friends - i have so many wonderful girlfriends who make everything so much more fun.
- starbucks - it just makes my life happier. end of story.
- chilly weather - this fall has been unseasonably cool. i couldn't be happier about it.
- part-time jobs - yes, in all honesty they kind of suck, but i am so thankful for mine since i've been unable to find a full-time position for several months (stupid economy). if it weren't for them, i'd be flat broke and bored out of my mind.
- my mom's cooking skills - she passed all her knowledge down to me and i am so grateful. i absolutely love to cook and i am thrilled she has shared such a wonderful hobby with me!
- thrift stores - my room and closet would be missing so many fun things without them, and i would be bored. treasure hunting is so much fun!
- my cat, kitty - she brings me joy every day (if you met her, you'd understand why).
- the fact that i'm not in control - in general i really like to be in charge. but when it comes to big big things like my life, i'm really glad that someone who knows a heck of a lot more than i do about things is taking care of it for me. it's a good feeling, especially in this time of waiting that i've been experiencing lately. it's nice to trust someone else for a change.