12.22.2008

oh christmas tree

hello all! happy week of christmas! i have finished all my shopping/wrapping/etc. and get to spend the next few days being lazy and celebrating with friends and family. above is a picture of my christmas tree, which i pulled out of someone's trash on the side of the road earlier this year. i might otherwise be embarrassed to admit that, but it's a gorgeous pre-lit artificial tree and i'm not sure why anyone was throwing it away! i had to re-arrange a bit to fit it in my room, but i've completely loved having it over the past few weeks.
additionally, christmas came a little early for me this year: my friend elizabeth, whom i met during college (her amazing mom was my art professor and elizabeth and her husband were on young life committee), sent me a large box filled with all her great aunt's christmas ornaments! it was like christmas morning unwrapping one beautiful ornament after another and i am so excited to add these heirlooms to my collection! elizabeth, i am so honored that you shared these with me and i will remember mama ruth every year as i decorate for christmas!

here are some photos of my favorites:gorgeous colorful balls (there were so many of these - just a random sampling!)

i'm not terribly into angels but i love love this little guymy three favorite balls - they're so delicate and beautiful!a sparkly clay collection. sorry this one and the next are so dark - i've been having severe problems with my photo editing software!some sequined, beaded wreaths and a really cool bell.a gorgeous star - love this one (it might be finding a home year-round!)a set of really really cute painted ones that i think would be perfect on a kids' tree someday!lots of sparkly beaded snowflakes - so so pretty!

the fun part about these ornaments is that they are all so different, i can feature them with different decorating schemes on different years. i love them all and am so excited to be their new owner!

stay tuned this week for a lot of festive posts - i still have so much about which to blog i'm going to have to cram it all in before the week is over!

No comments: