1.15.2009

girl, put your records on - a post by lacey

Dear Readers,
Does this ever happen to you? You're having a great day. The sun is shining, your hair looks HOT, you just got a fresh cup of fro-yo and you want some tunes to match your mood. You put your iPod on shuffle, and the first song that comes up is a terribly slow song that could be played at a funeral. OR? You've just had the worst day ever. Your morning shower was freezing, you spilled coffee all over yourself on the way to work, and you had to use your lunch break to help alphabetize invoices. When you finally do escape to the quiet of your car, you again put the iPod on shuffle, and the ONLY Jessica Simpson song that you have in your ENTIRE music library comes on as if to mock you.
Calling all music fiends! I'm in a music rut, and I need your help!
There's a reason behind my urgency. I recently bought my first new car....YAY! It's a black 2009 Mazda3, and it's probably the sexiest thing I own. I feel good in it, I look good in it. The only problem (aside from the fact that my mom ran into it a week after I got it) is that I have no new music to match it. Does that make sense? My old iPod playlists don't match the happy, bouncy, giddy feelings that I have towards my new love. Does anyone have any music suggestions? Perhaps a fun CD you just bought or a great playlist you found online? How do you guys find new music? Do you buy from iTunes or do you have other music sites that you frequent? I take advantage of Free Music Tuesdays on iTunes. (I really don't think it has an official name, but that what I refer to it as). I also go to insound.com for their free music downloads. It's really hit or miss with these songs. They're very indie which can be good, but they can also be very, very weird (think techno meets screamo meets lounge). I have to listen to about 10 until I find one that doesn't drive me crazy. So help a sister out and let me know what are you guys listening to these days. In fact, just to prove that I'm not in it for entirely selfish reasons, here's a list of my new favorite songs to play on repeat. New car or not, new music makes people happy!


*For Grooving In 2009 Playlist*
Gettin' Up by Q-Tip
Untouched by The Veronicas (O.M.G. I love this song)
Signs by Bloc Party
I'm Good, I'm Gone by Lykke Li
Heartless by Kanye West
Pennies From Heaven by Louis Prima (thank ELF for this one)
Pony (It's OK) by Erin McCarley (thank Free Music Tuesday for this one)
Lovers In Japan by Coldplay
I'm So Paid by Akon


Oh yeah, and in case you were wondering (and I know you were) here is what my new car looks like! Do we not make such a good looking couple??
image via epicself.com

No comments: