i know i've already gushed to several of you about this, but the search is over and i have found the loveliest place to live! i am just so excited about it! i have pictures, but unfortunately my computer is being really uncooperative tonight, so i'll have to share them with you later. in the meantime, here are a few things about which i am particularly excited:
- it's not an apartment, but a carriage house
- the location is seriously awesome
- i have window boxes and a huge backyard area. i also have a tiny space that is already cleared and edged for an herb garden, which i have wanted to have for, like ever.
- unbelievably cheap rent (yay!)
- hardwood and travertine floors
- lots of natural light
- it's a really old home (the main house was built in 1910) and once was part of a private school here in town. there are a couple of really cool accents that have been there since the house was built, and i can't wait to share them with you! (you'll have to wait for the pictures, though!)
there are, of course a few not-so-greats too (like only one closet and an ugly brown furnace in the living room), but the goods are so good, they outweigh the cons. it will take a little paint, spackle, and work to make it perfect, but i can't wait to move in and get started. i'm actually looking forward to the work!
i apologize that the apartment hunters plan didn't work out as well as i'd hoped. i looked at several places; some landlords were weird about taking pics and some places weren't worth taking any pics at all, but you can get excited to join me as i make this little carriage house a home!
image via comebacktothesea.tumblr.com