runway for the ballet
what are you doing on february 5th?
if you live in or around charlotte, you should definitely check out runway for the ballet - a fabulous fashion show benefitting the north carolina dance theatre. the theme this year is a mid-winter night's dream, and will feature spring looks so you can start getting excited for warmer temperatures and bluer skies. i've been working hard on the planning committee for this event since about august, and i'm really excited how everything is coming together! i'm handling day-of event logistics, so i'll be the one running around like a crazy person on the 5th. if my presence and the details i've already mentioned haven't sold you, here are a few more awesome details:
1. all 36 runway looks provided by neiman marcus
2. all 12 models are ncdt 1st and 2nd company dancers
3. three dance pieces in between runway sets from ncdt's innovative works performance, including tree hugger - a piece choreographed by ncdt's own sasha janes (yum). two men and one woman perform this piece in which the female dancer's feet never touch the ground. it's awesome.
4. delicious treats provided by dean and deluca and pinkberry. here are a few menu listings to get your mouth watering: truffle macaroni and cheese; mediterranean chicken, fig and tomato skewers; petite lobster pot pies, five varieties of american-style sushi, pink champagne cupcakes, dark chocolate strawberries. hungry yet?
5. two words: open. bar. (with several very cool signature cocktails)
there are two shows: an afternoon matinee, which is going to be geared a little more toward families, and an evening show, which is going to be more of a fancy evening out. you can purchase tickets online here! hope to see you at the show!
images: 1.notoriousfashion.blogspot 2.northcarolinadancetheatre